Friday, June 11, 2010

Imogen Rose Interview


Interview with Imogen Rose 
















1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I write late at night, once the kids are in bed and my dog, Tallulah, is snoring by my feet. I guess that’s when my pre-dream mind is most active.


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

It’s all on the computer. So different from when I did my first thesis at college. I remember hand-writing it and then sending it off to be typed. Thank goodness for my MacBook!

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

My dreams, myself, friends and family, Jonathan Rhys Meyers…(which partly explains the late-night writing).

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

No, but I like to finish a first draft within a month once I get stared. Then it’s really time to move on to the next dream.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

I am self published. I am an amateur photographer and digital artist. I do my own cover designs.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

It’s not a career, but a fun hobby. I would love it to be a career one day, though.

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

No, I can’t make up my mind which one to get. I do have an iPhone and will probably get the next generation iPad.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I love Charleine Harris, she is my very favorite at the moment. I have just finished reading The Hunted of 2060 by Ami Blackwelder, a fellow indie writer. Great book!

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I like them and hope to have the time to get one together eventually.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I have just finished writing EQUILIBRIUM, which is Book Two of the Portal Chronicles. It’s being edited at the moment. I was going to take a break, but QUANTUM, Book Three of the Portal Chronicles, is busting to come out, so I have started working on that. 





ImogenRose.com
http://www.imogenrose.com/

FaceBook

Amazon

Amazon Kindle

Barnes and Noble

Sample Chapters






PORTAL




SYNOPSIS


Come Find Me Two Years Ago...

These six words propel sullen teen Arizona Stevens into an alternate dimension. She suddenly finds herself in the past. In one moment she goes from being an ice hockey-playing teenager in New Jersey to a glamorous cheerleader in California. She finds herself transported from a happy life with her dad, Dillard, to a new, strange one living with her mother whom she loathes. Apparently it's a life she's always lived.

Everyone knows her as Arizona Darley, but she isn't. She is Arizona Stevens.

As she struggles to find answers she is certain of one thing- that her mother Olivia, a brilliant physicist, is somehow responsible.

PORTAL is the story of the repercussions of Olivia Darley's attempt at creating a perfect world for herself and her children. Arizona's quest for answers threatens to undermine the seemingly perfect world that her mother has so carefully constructed.

PORTAL is the first book of the Portal Chronicles. Fans of time travel, Twilight, Evermore, Sookie Stackhouse and the supernatural will enjoy Arizona's quest for answers.




ISBN: 0615345077
Paperback: 350 pages
Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 1 inches
Shipping Weight: 13.4 ounces

2 comments: