Tuesday, June 22, 2010

B. Swangin Webster Interview







B. Swangin Webster—Author


B. Swangin Webster is the author of two novels, Let Me Just Say This and its sequel And Again…Let Me Say This.

She currently works in a middle school in Waldorf Maryland and is married with five grown children and four adorable grandsons.

She grew up in the Washington DC area calls Southern Maryland her home.

She has over 200 novels, and has read all of them at least twice. Her passion, besides writing is cooking.
.
Her passions are writing, reading, and talking about the process of writing and being an author.

To learn more about her please visit: http://bswanginwebster.webs.com






1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

Well, the most productive...excuse me for a moment....now didn't I tell you that I would be finished this interview in a few minutes, now you will have to wait and tell me what Kevin has done in a little while.
Sorry for the interruption, as I was saying the most productive  time of day for me is normally early afternoon or evening. I find that my characters will start to beg for my attention and if I don't give them the attention that they deserve, they start acting out, as you just witnessed by one of my characters just a minute ago.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

 I'm a paper/pencil type of girl and then I type it all in my laptop. I learned my lesson early on, that by doing it on the computer, no matter if you have a flashdrive or not, sometimes "technology" is a pain in the patootie. So I will always write it out first and then put it on my computer.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

 I normally just use everyday people to draw....excuse me again, ugh!
Kevin, Rebecca already said she needed to talk to me about....ok ok ok..calm down, she is not going to take your business away...give me a few minutes.
I'm so sorry about the interruptions, but like I was saying, I use everyday people and events to help me develop my story and my characters.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

 Heaven's no! I would make myself crazy if I did that. Some other authors that I know, say that they try to write at least 500 words a day, but some days I can go without writing a thing, and then on some days, I can write about 4 or 5 chapters. It depends on what is going on and how foolish my characters are acting.

5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

 I was very fortunate to have a friend that was gifted in the area of putting pictures together for my second book. She nows has her own publishing company Passionate Writer Publishing. However, my first book the cover was made by the publishing house, and actually the guy on the front resemebles, who am I kidding, he is the spitting image of my youngest son. But I have no idea who the person is. Now for my third cover, I have a very good artist by the name of Nakia Minors to do my cover and I am amazed at the work he has done.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

 I just knew I wanted to be an author. Since I could remember, I always felt I "could be author" If I could have done this for my entire life, I would have, but sometimes our lives get "detoured" and we have to take the long route, but eventually we end up in the place we are supposed to be.

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

Unfortunately no. But I am DYING to get one!

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

 Some of my favorite authors are a newcomers Karen Minors and Jaycee Durant and my well known authors are E.Lynn Harris and Danielle Steele and currently I am not really reading anything, I'm working to finish up my third novel and I find that if I stop working on it, I'll start reading and it might be weeks before I pick up my work again. So I try to keep a clear head....

"Yeah, she knows she better keep a clear head with these people"

I don't think he was asking you the question, Dee! Now, will you keep quiet. I'm so embarrased by the constant interruptions.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

 I love them! Yes, I have two already, however, I am currently working on new ones for my novels. I am making them more like mini movies, with actors (ok, volunteers)

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

 I'm so glad you asked. I am currently working on the final installment of my Let Me Just Say This Series, entitled Once and For All. It will finally...

"Yes, it will finally give Cheryl some peace of mind. I don't know why she insisted on having my girl go through all of this, but I guess she wanted to tell her story"

Ok, Matthew, again, nobody was asking you, but anyway, it gives Cheryl some peace and it also gives people what they deserve.

"Oh, I know you are not talking about me!"

Rebecca I didn't say you...

"And you better not be talking about me either!"

Kevin, I didn't....wait a minute...y'all better calm down and I'll talk to you all in a minute, just let me finish up MY interview

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk to you today and if you want to know more about me, or my crazy characters, log into my website to see THIER interviews. http://bswanginwebster.webs.com




B.Swangin Webster
~Writing Coach
~Author of:
*Let Me Just Say This
*And Again...Let Me Say This
http://bswanginwebster.webs.com
http://facebook/bswanginwebster



No comments:

Post a Comment