Thursday, June 3, 2010

Aurora Lightbourne Interview




Interview with Aurora Lightbourne





I am Aurora Lightbourne, Sci-Fi/Fantasy writer and creator of the Space Trippers series.


1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I am not a morning person. So my productive times are in the afternoon-evening.


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

It depends, sometimes a character, conversation or story will come to me when I am out, so then I have to scrape up some paper and a pen and jot it down while it is fresh. Never trust that you can write it down later, it never works, half the details will be lost.


3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Magazines, news articles, Scientific America, internet search, funny news stories. I have multiple avenues in place to get creative ideas, weird scientific findings and to look up the feasibility of anything I want to include in my Sci-Fi series.


4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

No, I don't do word count. I am not in a race, what good are so many words if they just have to be rewritten? I will try to set myself a goal of getting a scene done, or connecting between scenes. That is much more inspiring than a set word count.


5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I am with a small, micro publisher, but it is like being self-published as most things are up to me. For the cover art I use a nice couple I found on Deviantart, RyuNeko-Artz.com. They did a great job of creating my characters.


6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

Apparently I have always been a writer, looking back I remember writing rabbit stories in my 1st grade diary, instead of actual 'diary' things. I never could keep a diary. So the itch began at an early age.


7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

No, only my computer. Which makes formatting for the many different e-readers difficult. So I have to trust my publisher on that one.


8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

My two favorite authors are Jane Austen and Douglas Adams. Both had a very good sense of humor. I also liked Julie Andrews 'the last of the really great Wangdoodles', that was a very imaginative book.

I am not reading anything currently as I am on a deadline to get Space Trippers Book 4 done and ready for the editors in Fall.


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I like them, just like movie trailers they can help get people's attention. I do have one for the Space Trippers series, it is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_T6AtgnfDc


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I am currently working on Space Trippers Book 4: Will work for Parts, as well as 'Brass Hearts; a steampunk fairytale'

Book 4 is, of course, a continuation of the Space Trippers series, where Valesque may may contact with her mysterious, unknown ally. They make a stop on a planet with the excuse of getting repair supplies, including a new outer door, but can they be successful on a planet where all the technology keeps disappearing? The group has to get jobs to purchase the needed supplies as well, so watch out when Lola gets hired on as a waitress! What where they thinking?

'Brass Hearts' is a stand alone book, unrelated to Space Trippers, it is what I call a combination of Cinderella and Pride and Prejudice, it should be good!


Space Trippers can be found online or in town from any book seller that has the Ingram catalog (like B&N).

Books 1 & 2 are together in a paperback volume.

Books 1-3 are available separate in ebook formats including Sony, iPad, Kindle etc.

Book 3 will be in paperback later this year.

Barnes and Noble : http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=space+trippers+a.+lightbourne

Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=space+trippers+a.+lightbourne&x=13&y=25

You can read the first half of book 1 FREE from the link on my author page: http://alightbourne.netau.net/




No comments:

Post a Comment