Thursday, June 24, 2010

Arlene Crenshaw Interview












1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

Early mornings or late nights.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer? 

Always computer

3: What do you draw inspiration from? 

My writing starts with me praying to God, then I start typing and I ask God to guide my fingers and direct my mind. Then everything unfolds into a story.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count? 

No not word count but, I do set a goal for a number of stories per month.

5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art? 

I look through hundreds of photos mostly on fotolia.com until I find the right on to get my message across.
6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

I have found out that I love to write, it bring me a lot of peace, example it bring things in your imagination to life.  You can say and express things that a lot of people just can’t do in writing. It can open up new worlds in many ways.

7: Do you own an e-book reading devise?

No, I don’t I wish I did.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and what are you reading now? 

I love books on quotes my favorite book is Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck and I am now reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne a gift from my son.
9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I think there great and yes I do hope to have one in the near future.
10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I really excited about my next book it will be called “Hidden Closets book of short stories”  It’s about secrets that many people have hidden about themselves that they don’t want anyone to know about.  There’s a lot of suspense, drama, mystery within this book. I can’t wait for this one to come out it’s a must read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment